Public Records Index
How to request and obtain examination reports from the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI).
About These Records
Examination reports for entities licensed and registered by DFI.
|Record Type||How To Obtain|
Examination Reports For
Submit A Public Records Request (PDF)*
To request examination reports for check cashers and sellers, consumer loan companies, escrow agents, or mortgage brokers submit a public records request to DFI's Division of Consumer Services.
Examination Reports Exempt From Public Disclosure
- Credit Unions
- Check Cashers/Sellers (Payday Lenders)
- Securities Broker-Dealers
- Investment Advisers
- Money Transmitters/Currency Exchangers
- Debenture Companies
Private information contained in other examination reports may be redacted prior to release of information.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
- Fill out a public records request form. Each division at DFI maintains its own public records request form.
- Mail the completed form to the address shown in the upper left hand corner of the form.
- DFI will respond to your request within 5 days. DFI may ask for additional information or provide you with an estimate of when the records will be made available to you.
Request A Form Be Sent Via Mail
If you would like a public records request form to be sent to you via mail, please call us at (360) 902-8700 or toll free at 1-877-RING DFI (746-4334)
If you need assistance or have a question, feel free to call us at 1-877-RING DFI (746-4334).
Our office hours are 8 am - 5 pm (PST), Monday - Friday.