Citizens Home Advocacy Not Licensed In Washington

Date Posted: 
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Washington consumers have reported to the Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) that Citizens Home Advocacy appears to be offering unlicensed loan modification services.

Citizens Home Advocacy’s address was reported as 7077 E. Marilyn Rd., Bldg 100, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85254. The owner of the company is Mandy Peacock.

DFI has made numerous attempts to contact this entity and Ms. Peacock, but received no response. It appears that this entity is no longer in business.

Washington State law requires that any entity offering loan modification services on primary residential properties for compensation be licensed with DFI. Citizens Home Advocacy has never been licensed by DFI.

Additionally, in December of 2010, the federal Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Rule was issued to protect struggling homeowners from being further victimized by "loan modification" and other mortgage relief scams. The MARS rule prevents loan modification companies from collecting an advance fee.

How to Research Loan Modification Service Providers

DFI encourages all Washington consumers to verify that any loan modification service they consider engaging is properly licensed with DFI, and is also complying with the MARS Rule and applicable state law. You can verify a license with DFI online at

Consumers are also encouraged to conduct internet research on the company to check for possible consumer complaints and to learn more about the company.

How to File a Complaint against Citizens Home Advocacy

If you are a Washington consumer who contracted with Citizens Home Advocacy for loan modification services on your residence, you may wish to contact DFI's Division of Consumer Services to file a complaint.

For more information or to file a complaint, contact DFI at 1.877.RING DFI (746-4334) or

Free Housing Counseling Services

For Washington consumers whose home is in jeopardy due to default or financial troubles, please visit the Washington Homeownership Information website at for information on how to obtain free assistance in working with your lender prior to foreclosure.