The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions is warning consumers to verify the license of any lending professional they are considering doing business with to avoid becoming victims of potential scams.
Parkway Lending Group may be part of a potential advance fee loan scam.
Parkway Lending Group claims to have a telephone number of 877-245-8751 and an address of
1777 Northeast Expressway
Atlanta, GA 30329
Parkway Lending Group is not licensed by the Department of Financial Institutions to lend money in Washington.
Parkway Lending Group is not registered with either the Washington State Department of Revenue or the Office of the Secretary of State to do business in Washington.
How The Potential Scam Works
- Consumers are contacted by individuals who allege they represent this company
- In some cases, the consumer receives a contract from Parkway Lending Group
- Parkway Lending Group informs the consumer they have been approved for a loan; however, they must send collateral and/or insurance via money order for the loan
- After sending the funds, the consumer does not obtain the loan proceeds and is unable to obtain a refund of the fees sent in connection to the loan
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) in Atlanta, Georgia reports the following information.
- The BBB processed a total of 17 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 17 complaints closed in 36 months, 17 were closed in the last year.
If you wish to contact the BBB regarding information posted on their Web site you may do so by going to www.bbb.org/atlanta or by calling (404)-766-0875. Additionally, the BBB indicates you may wish to check with Georgia's Office of Consumer Affairs at (404) 651-8600 regarding applicable laws.
If You Feel You're A Victim
If you feel you have been a victim of a potential advance fee loan scam, please contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC HELP (382-4357), or online at www.ftc.gov. Also, victims should report their experiences to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.