Washington State Department of Financial Institutions

File a Complaint

Before You File a Complaint

Try to resolve your complaint directly with the company. Bring your complaint to the attention of the owner or manager. If the issue is not resolved after contacting the company, you may file a complaint with the Department of Financial Institutions.

Complaint Forms and Instructions

To file a complaint, select the applicable business type or financial service provider from the list below.

Related Links

DFI does not regulate all financial institutions in Washington. National banks and federally regulated institutions also conduct business in Washington State. For information or to file a complaint, contact one of the agencies below:

Credit Card Companies

Federally chartered banks complaints:

Other states' links if you are not a Washington State resident:

Real Estate Complaints (Real Estate Agents, Appraisers):

Insurance Complaints (Auto, Home, Life, Business):

Construction Service Complaints (Contractor, Plumber, Electrician):

Internet Business Complaints (Fraud, Privacy, Security)

For a business complaint not handled by one of the agencies above: