Handling finances, mortgage payments, and credit card bills can be frustrating following a disaster.
Here are links to resources that may be of assistance.
- Wildfire Information and Resources
Information and resources from the Washington Emergency Management Division.
- Wildfires and Home Insurance
Information from the Washington State Insurance Commissioner about homeowner insurance and wildfires.
- Disaster Recovery and Your Money: A Basic To-Do List
A basic to do list from the FDIC on what to do after a disaster.
- Protecting and Rebuilding Your Finances After A Disaster
Information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on how you can protect and begin to rebuild your finances following a disaster.
- Checklist: Rebuilding Your Finances
Checklist from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for rebuilding your finances.
- What You Should Do In The Days Following A Disaster
Information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on what you should do in the days following a disaster.
- What If I Can't Pay My Credit Cards and Loans After a Disaster?
Information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on what you should do if you can't pay your credit card or loan bill following a disaster.
Mortgages and Homes
- What Should I Do If My House Is Destroyed?
Information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on what to do if your home was destroyed.
- Assistance for Homeowners Impacted by Disasters
Information from Fannie Mae about assistance that may be available to homeowners following a disaster.
- What Should I Know About Using Contractors After A Disaster?
Information about what you should know about using contractors when rebuilding after a disaster.