Lyn Peters, Director of Communications
RSS Subscription: RSS
2004 News Releases
(10/28/2004) DFI files charges against Metropolitan (PDF)*
(9/27/2004) DFI files charges against payday lender Fast Cash Loans (PDF)*
(7/30/2004) DFI settles Morgan Stanley lawsuit (PDF)*
(7/16/2004) DFI predatory lending campaign generates response (PDF)*
(5/24/2004) Washington State DFI Recruits Educators To Teach Financial ABCs (PDF)*
(3/12/2004) Spokane mortgage and appraisal fraud case concludes.
(2/26/2004) DFI weighs in for consumers, issues the nation's most comprehensive overdraft protection guidance for financial
Read about it (PDF)*. Read the guidance document here (PDF)*. Also available - A report (PDF)* to the Washington State Legislature’s House Financial Institutions and Insurance Committee on Overdraft Protection Programs that served as the basis for the new guidelines.
(2/6/2004) DFI negotiates settlement benefiting all Columbia Credit Union members. Read more here (PDF)*.
- (1/30/2004) DFI allows
Columbia Credit Union talks to continue (PDF)*.
- (1/29/2004) Seattle investment company facing loss of licenses, $50,000 fine.
Read details here.
- (1/28/2004) DFI encourages resolution in
Columbia Credit Union dispute (PDF)*.
- (1/28/2004) Renton insurance agent charged with
securities fraud (PDF)*
- (1/23/2004) Bogus FDIC emails try to get consumers banking information.
Read more here.
- (1/14/2004) Investors in Washington urged to become more aware of
fraudulent activities. PLUS Top Ten investment scams.
- (1/7/2004) DFI settles with Great Northern Financial Services over viatical investment charges.
Read more here.
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.