Division of Consumer Services
The mission of the Division of Consumer Services is to protect consumers from illegal and fraudulent lending practices. The division accomplishes its mission through licensing, conducting examinations of the books and records of licensees, investigating consumer complaints, and enforcing selected state and federal statutes and rules relating to lending practices.
Updates from the Division of Consumer Services
Winter 2013 Newsletter
The Division of Consumer Services Winter 2013 newsletter is now available.
2012 Debt Adjusting Services Report
In November 2012, the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions issued a report on debt adjusting services in Washington. The report was presented to the Washington legislature.
- Changes to Filing Mortgage Broker Annual Report
You no longer need to file the Mortgage Broker Annual Report with DFI, but you will need to file all quarterly Mortgage Call Report filings on the NMLS.
- Loan Modifications - License Required
Companies and individuals providing loan modification services in Washington must be licensed as mortgage brokers, consumer loan companies, or loan originators.
- More News And Updates...
-- Current Rulemaking Activity
-- Sign Up To Receive E-Mail Updates From DFI's ListServs
Who We License
The Division of Consumer Services licenses the following financial institutions:
Verify A License
Verify that you are working with an institution licensed by DFI.
File A Complaint
File a complaint against an institution licensed by the Division of Consumer Services.
Foreclosure & Homeownership Counseling
Counseling is available to Washington residents who are facing foreclosure, thinking of buying a home, or considering refinancing.
- Winter 2013 Division Newsletter
- Fall 2012 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2012 Division Newsletter
- Winter 2012 Division Newsletter
- Fall 2011 Division Newsletter
- Summer 2011 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2011 Division Newsletter
Department of Financial Institutions
Consumer Services Division
PO Box 41200
Olympia, WA 98504-1200
Main Telephone Line: (360) 902-8703
Toll Free: (877) RING DFI (746-4334)
TDD: (360) 664-8126
Please also see our staff directory.
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.