Current Rulemaking Activity
Below you will find information from the Division of Consumer Services on current rulemaking activity. Rulemaking documents and updates will be posted to this page.
Receive Rulemaking Updates Via Email
The Division of Consumer Services also sends out rulemaking information and updates via email ListServs. To have updates sent directly to your email inbox, sign up for the Consumer Services ListServs.
Check Cashers and Sellers Act
DFI has begun a new rulemaking to clarify the department’s interpretation of the law as to the small loan agents regulated under the Act.
Public Hearing: October 21, 2014
The public hearing on the proposed amendments is October 21, 2014, from 11 to 12 at the DFI office in Tumwater.
- Online Lenders Alliance Comments - Dated October 6, 2014 (PDF)*
- Greg Overstreet Comments - Dated September 19, 2014 (PDF)*
- Trent Matson Comments - Dated September 5, 2014 (PDF)*
Submit your questions or comments to:
- View rules recently adopted by the Division of Consumer Services.
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.
** This document is a Microsoft Word file, and you will need Microsoft Word to view it.