Number of licenses as of March 21, 2011
- Escrow Companies-Main Office: 115
- Escrow Companies-Branch Office: 16
- Escrow Officers: 276
Upcoming Correspondence- Existing Escrow Agents
Existing licensees: Please keep your eye out in the coming weeks for email correspondence regarding your Fidelity policy, your Trust Account, and Employment Restrictions.
- Fidelity policies: DFI notified existing licensees last year about changes in the requirements for Fidelity policies. We recently contacted those companies whose policies are still not compliant. Please make sure to check your email for any correspondence from DFI.
- Trust accounts: DFI is performing an audit of existing licensee files this year that will require all licensees to submit a new trust account certificate. We will send an email out in the next several weeks with instructions on when to submit your new trust account certificate.
- Background checks: DFI has had questions from Escrow Agents about how to best implement the Employment Restriction WAC 208-380-275 that went into effect in 2010. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=208-680&full=true#208-680-275 We will be sending out email correspondence in the next several weeks with more information about Employment Restrictions.
See 2011 Enforcement Actions at http://dfi.wa.gov/cs/adminactions_2011.htm